Friday, April 18, 2014

DCJ 8:

For the online lecture, I went to a few of the links, but didn't have time to visit all of them. I had already visited some of them in past weeks just looking at suggested readings.

For the online lecture, I enjoyed learning about the ideamache technology. I like the concept of compiling a lot of information to tell a story or make a point. I also didn't know what the concept of metadata was until this lecture. The idea of having data within data.

Suggested reading:

I read the 18 things that highly creative people do differently and was honestly not very surprised. Nearly all the points were things I would expect a highly creative person to do. I am very curious as to if one who isn't considered a "highly creative person" could try doing these things to improve their creative abilities or if it is just something that some people have and others don't.

I also read "8 Ways to come up with a business idea". The point I liked the most was the idea of doing something about something that bugs you. I particularly liked this idea because it is so simple to just think of something that bothers you and fix it. People so frequently live their day to day lives thinking to themselves "wow, that bothers me." but never do anything about it. There could be so much more innovation if people just relayed these small bothers to someone and they came up with a viable solution.

I attended class on March 6th.

No comments:

Post a Comment