Friday, April 18, 2014

DCJ 2:

My favorite part of this entire lecture was the part about provocative thinking. In order to make innovations and come up with new and interesting ideas, you must get out of your comfort zone and make something that people didn't think was possible, possible...or maybe something that people had not even thought of in general. This is shown in technology every day! Do you think that anyone in 1903, before cars had even been mass produced, ever even thought about all of the forms of transportation we have today? They couldn't even wrap their mind around the idea of the things we have now. It amazes me to think about what we will develope in the coming years and if it will be things that I can't even fathom at this point.

I think it is especially crazy to think about the television. Before the tv was invented, people probably couldn't even picture just a box that showed entertainment on it. And now look at how many people spend incredible amounts of time watching them.

I completely agree with the idea of thinking of something that bugs you, to come up with a new innovation. After seeing this presentation and having the project of coming up with new innovations and inventions, I want to just start taking note of little things that bug me or that i think could be better. Whenever I am going anywhere or doing anything, I am just going to take note on my phone, then look back and see if there is anything I can come up with to fix these things. This is a lesson I learned from this lecture.

The online module was very similar to the live lecture this week. I wish I had seen it before the live lecture though so I would have had a better idea of what the processes were before we learned about them in class.

The suggested reading I chose this week was about ways to increase creative thinking. They spoke about keeping your phone put away which I completely agree with. You can't be inspired by the world around you staring at a 2'' x 4'' screen.



I attended class on January 23rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment