Friday, April 18, 2014

DCJ 12:

I don't know where all these predictions and statistics came from, but some of them were really fascinating. The thought that at the rate we are changing now, the entire 1900s would have happened in 5 years is incredible. That just makes me think of my kids and what rate things will be changing in their lifetime. The singularity is truly coming if this keeps up, which it will. I can't even fathom the possibilities and ethics arguments that are going to be coming up with the advancements in medical technology and things of that nature.

The human experience itself will be incomparable in 50 years to what it is today, or what is was 100 years ago, or 500 years ago. But the same could be about our time now.

I looked at the LEGOgrapher link and it was so entertaining. I actually sent it to my dad because he is a photographer. I think it would be funny to take a picture of the guy whose project this was. Photgrapher-ception.


I attended class on April 3rd.

No comments:

Post a Comment