Friday, April 18, 2014

DCJ 5:

This lecture was also very interesting to me. I learned a lot about myself and how I can possibly work in a team better. In the first small group exercise, I decided that my conflict management style is observant and introspective. The more I've grown, the more I have come to realize that I tend to normally avoid confrontation if possible, but I do reflect on how others and I react in different situation and try to rationalize it in my mind.

In the second exercise, I decided that I would be the anthropologist, and collaborator the most. I tend to notice things about people and think about how we could take advantage of that as a team to reach our full potential. I did it a lot in soccer playing certain ways with certain teammates to highlight their strengths.

In the third exercise, I would say I mostly wear the white and yellow hats. I am very good at being objective in many situations and much prefer positive feedback over negative feedback.

In the fourth exercise I would say that I am an iterator and communicator. I can usually make the connection between an idea and an actual practical purpose. I also can usually find a way to explain how something works to people who don't understand the subject itself.

Overall this lecture made me realize a lot about how I can work well in a team and how I can use my strengths to their full potential.

Suggested readings:

I looked at the link called "cleverly made inventions". I was surprised that a lot of them aren't popular in the market now. I thought they were all very clever, especially the dusting slippers.

I also looked at the "Gizmag" link of emerging technologies. I was surprised at how many new technologies are focused on wrist watches. All run by android technology.

I attended class February 13th.

No comments:

Post a Comment