Friday, April 18, 2014

DCJ 7:

In the IDEO method, I think I already know which of the ask, watch learn, and try methods I would use. In the ask portion, I would probably grasp things best in drawing them out in that I am a very visual learner. I would probably do shadowing for the watch portion because I believe that is the best way to see how people are and what they like and dislike in general. The learning is that hardest part for me because they say you are learning when you are out observing, but you don't get the full grasp unless you lay it all out to see.

I really enjoyed the exercise we did with traveling from east campus to west campus. First coming up with a way of doing something in as many ways as possible, narrowing it, then trying the inverse of it to solve the problem at hand. This first reminded me of most ways to come up with and invention or innovation, then the inverse idea came into play. I had never even thought of this way of thinking of things until this lecture, so this is probably my biggest take away of the lecture.

Finding new ways of thinking of things is such an important thing in life because it just allows you to learn more. I feel that that is the most important thing in life is to learn and gain as much as you can from the things around you. This take away from this lecture will probably stay with me for a very long time if not forever.

I just looked through the Illustrator finds a creative way to spend time on the train and it was very entertaining. He just thought to himself, I am bored, this would be a funny thing to do, and it has 105,000 views. Which means he took time that would have been spent doing nothing and entertained 105,000 people with it. Incredible what the internet can do.

In still haven't had any really notable experiences with my group. We all get together and get straight to business with the project because we are all quite busy and don't have a ton of time to meet, but I have had a good time at our meetings.



I attended class February 27th.

No comments:

Post a Comment