Friday, April 18, 2014

DCJ 6:

One thing I kept thinking back to in this lecture was how many ideas have been lost or not improved upon because of people making these mistakes within an organization or company. I think that fear is the biggest preventer of ideas being released from people's minds. If people do not have an environment in which they feel they can share every single one of their ideas, then so much potential is being lost. Even if an idea is not necessarily feasible or practical, it could be reworked or spark an idea within someone else's mind.

The exercises in this lecture were a little bit more tough than the previous ones. I have never really thought about or dealt with all these components that go into a business model. Although they were hard to think of and understand in class I think this information will be extremely valuable for me to have in the future.

I would say creativity to me is thinking of new things. Essentially that is exactly what creativity is. A creative invention is something new. An art piece is something new. Even innovations are a new way of doing something. So personally I would sy you need to leave creativity to that broad of a definition.

An innovation to me is the fixing of something, or changing how something works to make it better. For example, I just drank out of my nalgene water bottle. These bottles have become very popular over time, but this nalgene has a big lid that unscrews at the top, but also a smaller screw top nozzle on top of that used for drinking. Someone observed that the regular nalgenes were hard to drink out of without spilling on themselves so they added the top nozzle to be more like a plastic water bottle that is easier to drink out of.

I like how this class has made me notice things like that and sort of changed my normal thought process in certain circumstances.

I think design is taking your ideas and making them a reality. Take the iPhone for example. They came up witht he idea of combining a ton of technologies, and putting it into something you carry with you all the time anyways. When they made this idea a reality, they had to design an app store, and so many other aspects that went into the design.

Entrepreneurship is marketing and running your own business based on your own creation. When I think of entrepreneur on the simplest level I think of someone who opens their own restaurant. They are taking their creation, their food, and creating a business around it.

I attended class on February 20th.

No comments:

Post a Comment